GE Refrigerator Water Filter
Features, Guidelines And Reviews
One of the best filters on the market is the GE Refrigerator water filter.
GE Refrigerator water filter is not just regarded as one of the best because of its reasonable low price but also its good quality and efficiency.
You will also be pleased to know that General Electric offers a wide range of refrigerator water filters for different types of refrigerators.
In fact, General Electric refrigerator water filters can replace many other refrigerator filters such as Kenmore, Sears, Hotpoint and Culligan.
If you don’t have built in water filter in your refrigerator, GE has a refrigerator water filter that can be attached to your refrigerator.
Best Features Of A General Electric Refrigerator Water Filter
Let’s take a look at what makes a General Electric refrigerator water filter so special.
- They are available online and in major stores. Even though all GE refrigerator water filters are offered on GE's main website, you will find better prices on Amazon, Bizrate and Filtersfast.
- All GE refrigerator filters are certified by NSF, for the removal of chlorine among other contaminants.
This means that your refrigerator will supply you with water that is healthier for cooking or drinking.
- A General Electric refrigerator water filter can be used on multiple refrigerator brands such as Sears, Culligan and Kenmore.
General Electric offers quality products but also at reasonable prices. This allows for someone who has another refrigerator brand to take advantage of GE's low prices.
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor in ice and water. It also reduces sediment, lead, cysts, and turbidity in your water and ice.
All this reduction results in clean and crystal clear water. In addition, your refrigerator lifespan will extend because of no rust or dirt.
General Guidelines When Installing A GE Refrigerator Water Filter
Eventually, you will need to replace your GE refrigerator water filter.
The refrigerator filters have a lifespan of six months even though there are occasions where you will need to change your filter sooner than that time. But the time frame all depends on how much water is used.
A "light indicator" will tell you when it’s time to change the filter cartridge.
Here are some steps when changing your GE refrigerator filter.
- Remove the old filter by gently turning the filter anti-clockwise.
- After removing the filter, you will notice that water should begin to drip from where you removed the filter.
This will only last a few seconds as a valve will eventually stop the leaking.
- Pour water into the new filter. Place the new filter where you removed the old filter.
- Turn the filter clockwise until it stops.
Your filter is now installed.
This is the general guideline for most GE refrigerator water filters. It may vary slightly but the entire procedure remains the same.
The Best GE Refrigerator Water Filters
- GE SmartWater MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
This particular model will cost roughly $65 from GE website but you can buy it for less than $25 on other websites.
It does a great job of removing chlorine and other contaminants.
This is General Electric's most popular refrigerator filter.
Installation is very easy and you only change your filter cartridge every six (6) months.
The GE SmartWater MWF Refrigerator Water Filter replaces GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, and MWFA.
This GE fridge filter is compatible with other brands such as Kenmore, Sears and Culligan.
- GE GSWF Refrigerator Water Filter
The GE GSWF refrigerator filter is compatible with most GE top-mount and bottom-mount refrigerators with a water filtration system.
This filter cost $10 less than the GE MWF. Regardless of the cheaper cost, it does make your water crystal clear.
So now you can enjoy your favourite beverages, right from your refrigerator.
It is well worth the price when you compare how much money you would be spending on bottled water.
- The GE GXRTQ Refrigerator Water Filter SmartWater In-Line Filter Kit is perfect for anyone without a built in water filter in their refrigerator.
Installation takes only a few minutes. It installs directly into the water line for your fridge and filters the water from the dispenser and the ice maker. You don't even need to buy a shut off valve for this filter kit as there is already a built in one. So for the price of only $40, you can have pure filtered water from your refrigerator.
Submit Your GE Refrigerator Filter
We want to hear from you.
Refrigerator Water Filters: Reviews and Analysis
Samsung Refrigerator Filter
Whirlpool Refrigerator Filter
LG Refrigerator Filter
Maytag Refrigerator Filter
Kenmore Refrigerator Filter
Kitchenaid refrigerator Filter
Return from GE Refrigerator water filter to Homepage