Shower Water Filter
Remove The Nasty Chlorine From Your Showers
When it comes to health, skin, hair and beauty, a shower water filter is the most important water purification product on the market.
Not a lot of emphasis is placed on the importance of shower filters.
The fact that inhaling chlorine when taking a shower is more dangerous than drinking chlorine water is only one factor.
From the moment you begin to use a shower water filter, you will feel and see the difference.
Let's take a look at water filters for shower and why they are very important to your health.
Benefits Of A Shower Filter
- Removes chlorine. Did you know that chlorine is more dangerous when you inhale it than when you drink it?
The most common way to consume chlorine is by drinking chlorine filled water. The other way, and more dangerous, is by inhaling chlorine.
During a hot shower chlorine turns to steam and is inhaled. This chlorine goes into your bloodstream. This results in similar cancer risks as actually drinking the water.
A shower filter is the only way to get rid of this problem. No faucet filter or water dispenser will eliminate this problem.
- Eliminates dry and itchy skin and hair. If you have ever gone swimming in a pool, then you know the dry and itchy feeling that chlorine can give to your skin.
Chlorine has a way of striping the natural oils from your skin and hair, leaving it dry and coarse.
Most persons who suffer from dry skin should first try a shower filter to cure the problem instead of buying expensive lotions and cream for their skin.
Your hairdresser and your barber will tell you that highly concentrated chlorine water will cause dry hair and eventually damaged hair.
So if you are wondering why your hands and legs feel "dry", it may just be that your tap water is removing the vitamins.
- Removes more than chlorine. A good shower filter will reduce not only chlorine in your water but also lead, mercury, VOC's, THM's and more.
Yes, chlorine is the main contaminant but it is not the only one that a good shower filter should remove.
- Reduces the risk of cancer, respiratory problems and other skin diseases.
If you are asthmatic or suffer from any respiratory problems, a shower water filter will help you a lot.
Chlorine has a lot to do with respiratory problems.
If you have children, a shower filter is a must. Children are most times the victims of breathing problems when taking showers. Most doctors recommend a shower filter that will reduce over 99% of chlorine in the water.
- Easy installation. Installation is so easy that you don't need any tools, except for your hands.
Its just a matter of screwing off and screwing on the shower filter water head.
Its that simple.
In fact, most shower filter heads can be screwed on without buying any additional attachments.
- Only the fraction of the price of a drinking water filter.
Shower filters cost about 30% less than most drinking water filter systems. It is a great way to ensure that you have a form of water filtration system at your home.
In fact, most shower filter systems cost as little as 20 cents per gallon.
Shower Filter Replacement Cartridges
A Shower filter cartridge is usually manufactured in the form of charcoal, sand or carbon.
Always check when you should replace your filter cartridges.
Cartridges are easy to replace and should be replaced between 6 to 12 months. A majority of shower filters have the capacity to filter 5,000 to 10,000 gallons of water before requiring a filter change.
Most places that you purchase your replacement cartridge from offers a reminder replacement program.
If it does offer one, just try and remember that you should change your shower filter cartridge ever 6 months or so.
How To Buy A Shower Water Filter
Before you go ahead and buy a shower water filter, there are a few things that you should know before you go into your purse or wallet.
We think that a shower filter
- What can a shower filter do for you? It’s always good to shop by price and style but what the filter does is actually more important.
Find out which contaminants and sediments your shower filter removes. The more contaminants they remove the better for your skin and hair. In fact, the higher the percentage reoval rate the better.
- Certification is key. Almost all shower filter manufacturers will tell you that they are the best and their filter removes the most contaminants, bacteria, sediments, etc.
While some of them are true, some of them are lies.
Look for the certification banner on their website or check NSF/ANSI website for a list of certifications.
- Price and style. Let's face it, we are on a budget and we want to feel comfortable in our shower. We don't want something that is too big and out of place.
So shop for style and price too. Check online for discounts and savings such as 50% off and " Buy one, Get one FREE" deals.
- Read online reviews for comments especially about water pressure.
You should not add a shower water filter to your shower head and the water pressure drops for long periods of time. Sure it may drop at first but that is only immediately after installation.
After that period, your water pressure should return to its original state or even a better state.
There is no fun in taking a shower with a low water pressure.
is a very good investment. Remember the points that we discussed when you are shopping around.
Your shower filter should be small, effective and affordable. Chlorine is the main impurity to remove but it should not be the only one.
The overall aim of buying the best shower filter is to enjoy healthier showers and baths.
What Do You Think About Shower Filters?
Are shower filters just another way to make money? Do they work? What do you think? Which one is the best?
Aquasana Shower Filter: Better looking Hair and Skin
Return From Shower Water Filter to Homepage