Get A Travel Water Purifier Before You Even Begin To Plan Your Trip
A travel water purifier will supply you with pure filtered water throughout your trip.
Doctors recommend clean and healthy water for travellers to prevent dehydration and diarrhea.
When you travel, the water supply cannot be trusted.
For persons who love bottled water, remember that the standard varies for every part of the world.
Let's face it, the water supply will vary wherever you go so a travel water purifier is probably the best solution.
But you cant just buy any travel purifier.
Let us look at a few factors that you need to consider when buying a travel purifier.
How To Buy A Travel Water Purifier
Buying a travel purifier is very important but choosing the best travel purifier is even more important.
Choosing the right travel purifier is important because a purifier that is suitable for me may not be suitable for you.
Let's now take a look at what to look for when choosing a water purifier.
- What contaminants can it remove? The number of contaminants that a water purifier can remove will vary. Some systems will eliminate only a few while others will eliminate 99%.
The more contaminants that the unit can remove the better because the water quality will differ every location and you need to ensure that your water is always safe.
- Where are you travelling to? This is very important because the water quality will vary for every location, so you will find that the water quality may be better at one location versus another. For a location with good water, you may not require a detail and expensive travel purifier.
- How long will you be going traveling for? The length of stay will pay a big part in your buying decision. Most travellers average 2 to 3 days but there are times when some travellers stay weeks or months.
In that case, they would need a durable and consistently effective travel purifier.
- Just as important is the number of persons that will be traveling with you. You have to ensure that you can produce enough water for the entire group.
Whether it is 1 or 10 persons, you must ensure that everyone has adequate water so that they can maintain good health.
- Should you buy online or in store? This is also very important.
When you buy online, you will receive more discounts and a wider selection. You can also read consumers positive and negative reviews on products.
The downside of this is that you don't really have an expert, just people giving you their opinions.
When you buy in stores, especially a traveling store, you get the advantage of talking with an expert and asking all the questions that you may not get a good answer online.
You also get the chance to view other products that you can carry with you.
- Price and weight. No one wants to carry a heavy water purifier for months. At the same time, you have a budget and whichever travel water purifier that you choose the price should workout cheaper than buying bottled water.
Benefits Of Travel Water Purifiers
- Safe and secure fresh filtered water while on the go. You can be assured that wherever you go your water is safe because your purifier is producing it.
- Generally, they are not as expensive as other types of water filters such as undercounters or countertops. You save money when you buy a travel purifier.
- They are lightweight. Most weigh only a few ounces and this makes it easy to transport wherever you go.
- They are not just for outdoor traveling. Some portable travel purifiers are so small that you can take them on business trips, camps, excursions, to the office or to the gym.
Brief Review Of The Best Travel Water Purifiers
Big Berkey Travel Berkey
This unit cost roughly $220 and has the same capacity of the Go Berkey Water filter.
The Big Berkey is far from big. It is actually lightweight and is perfect for people on the go.
Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter
This filter uses ceramic filters which can be cleaned and reused unlike disposable filters.
Katadyn is known for outdoor water purifiers and the Microfilter is perfect for outdoors.
With the ability to filter all microorganisms larger than 0.2 microns (0.0002mm), it produces clear, drinkable water no matter where in the world you are.
The newly designed hand held pump will have your water flowing at one quart per minute.
If that's not good enough, remember that this unit carries an impressive 20 year warranty.
SteriPEN Traveler Handheld UV Water Purifier
This purifier carries one of the smallest and most compact water purifiers on the market.
Retailing for only $48, the SteriPen traveler purifier uses UV purification to destroy over 99.9% microorganisms in your water anywhere you go. The result, purified water suitable for consumption.
Purifying your water is very easy. Insert the Traveler into the mouth of the bottle, turn it upside down, and enjoy pure clean water in less than sixty seconds.
The beauty of this process is that you don't even have to change the water from your container or bottle.
The Traveler is very efficient because it purifies 200 half-liter servings of water on four AA batteries.
Whichever travel water purifiers you decide to buy, ensure that it is the most suitable one for your trip.
Wherever you go, take a water travel purifier with you to ensure safe water while on the go.
Return from Travel Water Purifier to Homepage