Homemade Water Filter
The Easiest Guide Online
A Homemade water filter is one of the best ways to get filtered water at home or on the road.
The truth is, making homemade water filters cost way less money than to buy one from a store or online.
building a water filter is pretty easy because you can make a water filter at your home with items around your home.
A homemade filter is a great way of purifying your water.Besides, you won't only be drinking filtered water, but you will be learning how those name brand water filters work while having fun.
When you make a homemade filter, it will educate you on how a water filter works and what to look for if you decide to buy a water filter from a water filter manufacturer.
You can build a household water filter by yourself or you can have the family join in and make it a fun filled family event.
Worried about the cost? Don’t worry because all the items you will need can be found in or around your house.
Now it is time to learn how to make a homemade filter in less than 5 minutes.
For this exciting project you will need the following items:
- A container- a 2 litre soda bottle or a gallon juice bottle should do.
- A knife or scissors (basically something that can cut the container).
- Four or five cotton balls.
- A coffee filter or a thin mesh.
- Fine sand and large grain sand. Please collect them separately and keep them that way.
- Fine gravel and large grain gravel gain, they should be Collected separately.
- Activated charcoal.
Now follow these steps:
- Firstly, cut the container horizontally in two. Flip the top part of the container into the bottom part of the container. in other words, the top of the container ( the mouth) should be placed into the bottom half of the container.
- Secondly, take the cotton and place them into the mouth of the container. Ensure that the mouth is properly stuffed with cotton.
- The next step is to place the activated charcoal on top of the cotton.
- Now place the fine sand on top of the charcoal followed by the large grain sand.
- This is followed by the small grain of gravel then the larger ones.
- Place the coffee filter on top of the large gravel.
- Finally, pour the water onto the coffee filter and the filtering process begins.
As the water flows through the coffee filter, sediments are being removed.
Have your container at the end ready to catch your filtered water.
It must be noted that the water is not free from all contaminants.
To take the purification process further, you can add a little chlorine to the water after it has been filtered.
While this process is not 100% effective in removing all impurities, it is guaranteed to have your water much healthier than it was before.
To prove this, you can buy a home water kit and test the before and after results.
So now you realise that a homemade water filter is easy to build and is a lot of fun.
Now it is your turn to make your own homemade filter.
We Want To Know What You Think About Homemade Filters
We would like you to make your own homemade water filter and let us know how the result.
Did you use other materials? Was it fun? How long did the exercise take you?
Learn How To make Your Own Water Filter
Return from Homemade Water Filter to Homepage